Friday, July 3, 2015
RAMADAN 17 -Issues Related to the Legislative Rulings of al-I’tikaaf – By Shaykh Badr ibn Muhammad al-Badr al-‘Anazy (حفظهالله)
Translated by Abu Afnaan Muhammad Abdullah (حفظهالله)
This highly informative article is a compilation by our Shaykh ‘Badr ibn Muhammad al-Badr al-‘Anazy (حفظهالله) regarding several pertinent issues related to the issue I’tikaaf. The compilation is a series of questions that the Shaykh presented to his Shaykh the AllaamahSaalih ibn Muhammad al-Luhaydaan (حفظهالله). This article was translated by our noble brother Abu Afnaan Muhammad Abdullah (حفظهالله).
The issues addressed are:
1. When does the time for al-I’tikaaf start?
2. What is the shortest time (duration) of al-I’tikaaf?
3. What is the ruling of travelling for al-I’tikaaf in a masjid other than the threemasaajid?
4. What is the ruling of making al-I’tikaaf in a masjid where the Jumu’ah prayer is not established?
5. What is the validity of al-I’tikaaf in a room inside the masjid?
6. Does al-I’tikaaf become nullified by mere intention?
7. Is it permissible to leave from the place where one is making al-I’tikaaf for something that is necessary/inevitable?
8. Is it permissible to make al-I’tikaaf conditional (upon something else)?
9. Is it permissible to talk to friends while in the place of al-I’tikaaf?
10. Is fasting a condition for al-I’tikaaf?
11. What is the authenticity of the hadeeth: “There is no I’tikaaf except in the threemasaajid.”?
12. When does the time for al-I’tikaaf end?
13. Is it permissible to make up al-I’tikaaf for the one who didn’t make it?
14. Can the person making al-I’tikaaf go to the courtyard of the masjid?
Download PDF : Issues Related to the Legislative Rulings of al-I’tikaaf by Shaykh Badr ibn Muhammad al-Badr al-‘Anazy