More than anything for the student of knowledge ,it is Important to know where you are registering to attend classes and the pedigree of the scholar or Teacher you follow.....
.In a word that this teacher speak'qallallah wa qalla Rassul" or on their desire.Is their exegesis or Tafseer authentic ? Their aqueedah Upright?! for God KNOWS how many centers i have been From the Nonsensical explanation of matters of tawheed to the bad Akhlaq who claim but very few follow the correct methodology of teachings,
Dear readers i shall develop on that aspect with the adequate proof, within weeks InshALLAH As it is very important matter indeed .
Due to the weakness in the Ummah and lack of comprehension of the pure Islamic methodology, it is common in our time that an ignorant person is taken as a person of knowledge, and that an ignorant person assumes the role and responsibility of a speaker and caller to Islaam. Despite the mountain of statements from the Salaf, the likes of al-Laalikaaee, al-Barabahaaree, Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Ibn Sireen and so on imploring the Muslims to stick to the Scholars, the people of sunnah (the jama'aah) and to stay away from doubtful matters.
- Is this person known to the scholars or their students?
- Does he have tazkiyaat of any sort?
- Who are his companions (from whom does he sit with)?
- Does he frequent the gatherings of Ahlus-Sunnah, their masaajid, seminars, lectures etc.?
- What do the people of Sunnah and Salafiyyah in his area say about him?
- Does he cooperate with Ahlul-Bid'ah, their masaajid and programmes (is he here, there and everywhere)?
Do you put up these roadblocks in your mind before setting out to seek knowledge with a man? Seeing that it is from the most important affairs you could ever set out upon...your salvation, your 'aqeedah, your path towards paradise insha'Allaah
'...This is how important this is, this knowledge is deen, something that he will be raised with on the day of judgment...the Muslim must look and take his deen from Ahlus-Sunnah, as-Salafiyyoon, known for knowledge, being upright and having taqwaa'
- An Important point is made about leaving off taking knowledge even from the one who speaks with the 'Aqeedah of Ahlus-Sunnah yet he has hizbiyyah with him or Surooriyyah with him (i.e. someone simply speaking with the haqq doesn't make him a person of knowledge or a person to sit with)
- The corrupt principle of 'taking the good/leaving the bad', making oneself a private investigator into the affairs of many people of many different beliefs and then appointing oneself as the criterion between what to take and what to leave (not realising that he, himself, is ignorant, he can't protect himself from this fitnah and this isn't from the manhaj of Ahlus-Sunnah to sit with Ahlul-Bid'ah in this regard)