This is the delight of a journey to share knowlege with those who are thirsty of love ,fear and hope for Allah Azza wa Jal.May this be an humble quest for all of an quenching thirst for knowlege,and an endless request of help,understanding and Hidaya Taufiq from Allah.O treasurer of Knowlege may you all live the Blessing of this command 'Iqra !
iqra bismi rabbika ladhi khalaq...'
RAMADAN 11 -Important means to assist the woman during Ramadan by Sheikh Fawzan and Explained by Shaykh Muhammad bin Haadi
Bismillaah, wal-hamdulilaah, was-salaatu was-salaamu ‘alaa rasoolillaah, as Salaamu ‘Alaykum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuh
1-Sheikh Fawzan Question:
What are the most important means that will assist the woman upon obedience during the month of Ramadan?
(Sheikh Fawzan) The means that will assist the Muslim upon obedience to Allah whether they are male or female are as follows.
1. Fear of Allahسبحانه وتعالى and to believe that He is observing the creation in all of their actions, and statements, and intentions and that He will take them to account for all of that. Therefore if the person is cognizant of this reality then he will busy himself with the obedience of Allah and leave off sins and he will hasten to repent from his wrongdoings.
2. Increase in the remembrance of Allah and the recitation of the Quranbecause this will soften the heart. Allah the Exalted said, (what can be translated as) ‘Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction’. (Chapter 13 verse 28) And Allah the Exalted said, (what can be translated as) ‘The believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts’. (Chapter 8 verse 2)
3. Avoiding the distractions that harden the heart and distance the individual from Allah, and this is every sin and mixing with evil people and eating from the impermissible and being heedless of the remembrance of Allah the Exalted, and watching the evil films.
4. The woman remaining in her home and not leaving her home except due to a need and then returning quickly to her home upon completion of her need.
5. Sleeping during the night because this will assist the person in waking up during the last part of the night. And sleep a little during the day, this will allow the person to perform their prayers in their respective times, and to busy their time with the obedience of Allah.
6. Guarding their tongues from backbiting and tale carrying and he said she said, bearing false witness and impermissible speech, but rather they should busy their tongue with the remembrance of Allah.
2- Means to assist you in worship during Ramadan – Shaykh Muhammad bin Haadi
The following is a summary translation taken from the Lecture
The guidance of the Salaf during Ramadan
Shaykh Muhammad bin Haadee—may Allah preserve him—said:
There are four means mentioned by the scholars that will assist you upon worship; four means that will assist you upon worship in general and in Ramadan specifically. Thus it is upon the slave to reflect and ponder upon them.
From the first means which they mentioned is decreasing the intake of food and drink; the food and drink which results in gluttony. Thus the person will stand up to pray while he is heavy, not able to make rukoo, not able to make sujood. Thus it is upon the person to decrease the food intake. Verily the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:
A human does not fill a more evil container than a stomach. If it is inevitable, then he should reserve his stomach, a third for his food, a third for his drink and a third for his breathing.
Food takes one third; it should not fill the entire stomach; then the person says: The water permeates, and the air is going to come anyway from where it comes from. No, this is not correct. If the person decreases the food, the soul will be light and recuperate. This is the first reason.
The second reason: It is upon you to take the mid-day nap during the day, that which will assist you in standing during the night in Tawareeh prayer, and standing in prayer during the night outside of Ramadan. Take a nap during the day. If you take a nap during the day and you sleep a portion of the night in addition to this you will be recuperated by the permission of Allah the Blessed and Exalted.
The third affair which will assist you in standing in prayer and racing towards obedience is avoiding mixing with the people a lot, by wasting your time with them. It is a must that you preserve your time. For surely mixing with the people a lot is detrimental; even if the only harm that results from it is wasting time, this is sufficient as a detriment. You are responsible for preserving your time.
As for some of the people; mixing with them is like medicine. And some of the people; mixing with them is like nourishment. Some of the people; mixing with them is like a disease. And some of the people; mixing with them is like air.
As for those whom mixing with them is similar to a disease they are the people of evil, they have no good in them. Mixing with them is harmful upon the person in his religion and his worldly life.
As for those whom mixing with them is like nourishment, he is needed sometimes, not all the time. You do not just eat, eat and eat. The most you should eat is three meals a day; a meal in the morning; and in the middle of the day; and in the evening just before going to sleep. Thus mixing with this person is like nourishment, you sit with him for a limited amount of time.
Some of the people; mixing with them is like medicine. You go to this person on occasion. When you are with him your chest expands with that which is permissible. You find with him good speech, pleasant speech; you find with him the poems of the Arabs, information of the Arabs, wisdom and proverbs; that which will expand your chest. Thus your soul is at ease in his presence. You pass the time without disobeying Allah the Blessed and Exalted. Therefore as it relates to this person, if the need arises you sit with him to unwind and relax.
And there are some people; who mixing with them is like air, without it you will die. These are the virtuous people the people of righteousness the people of worship, the people of obedience. Those who it is said about them: Do not accompany except the one who seeing him makes you remember Allah, or his words direct you to Allah.
It was also said: Do not accompany except the one who his condition reminds you of Allah, or his statements direct you to Allah. They are the righteous so accompany them. If you accompany them you will be successful by the permission of Allah. And if you abandon them you may become weak, and perhaps the people of evil and the devils will overpower you. We ask Allah for safety and security.
If you fear this for yourself then adhere to them, because your adhering to them is like air, if you leave it you will die, you will stop breathing. Righteous actions are the nourishment for the soul.
Thus it is not suitable that you mix with everyone—O people; never. The people are on levels. So it is upon the slave to take advantage of these days and it is upon him to know the status of these days and it is upon him to preserve them.