Friday, March 21, 2014

The Salaf, their brotherly love for each other and advise concerning friendship

Bismillah Wal Hamdullillah Was Salaatu Was Salaamu ‘alaa Rasoolillahi
Ammaa ba’d

Upon the authority Abdah Bint Khalid who said: Khaalid Ibn Mi’daan would rarely lay down to sleep except that he would express his desire to see the messenger of Allah – Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa Salam – and his companions from the Muhaajireen and the Ansaar. Then he would name them (Khaalid ibn Mi’daan did not meet the Messenger but he did meet and take from companions, from the Abu Umaamah and others) and he would say: “They are my essence and a part of me, and my heart feels affection for them, I have long yearned to see them (Oh Allah) Hasten taking my soul” he would do so until sleep overcame him while he was saying that.
(Collected by Imaamudh Dhahabee in ‘Siyar ‘alaamun Nubalaa’ 4/539)
Al Qaasim ibn Muhammad: “Indeed Allah has placed in a Righteous dutiful friend that draws towards you, what he hasnt placed in a undutiful relative that turns away from you
(Collected by Imaamudh Dhahabi in ‘Siyar A’laamin Nubalaa’ 5/43)
Upon the authority of Ibnil Fudhail who said: “I went to visit Abu Ishaaq As Sabee’ee after he lost his sight. So I said: “Do you know who I am? He said: “Fudhail? So I said: “Yes!” So he said to me: “Verily, By allah I love you! and were it not for me being shy of you i would kiss you” then he pulled me to his chest (and hugged me) then said: “Al Ahwas narrated to me upon the authority of Abdullah who said  (concerning the statement of Allah) “If you were to give in Charity All that is on earth you would not be able to unite their hearts but Allah has united them” (Suratul Anfaal Vs 63) “This verse was revealed concering those who love each other (For the sake of Allah)”
(Collected by Imaamudh Dhahabi in ‘Siyar A’laamin Nubalaa’ 5/378)
Upon the authority of Imaamul Auwzaa’ee (who lived in Shaam, the area of Syria) who said: “Qataadah wrote to me from Basrah (Modern day Iraaq) saying: “Even though our lands have caused a separation between me and you, the uniting factor of Islaam brings us together
(Collected by Imaamudh Dhahabee in ’Siyar A’laamin Nubalaa 7/121)
Upon the authority of Imaamush Shaafi’ee who said: “He is not your (true) brother if you need to use diplomacy with him
(Collected Imaamudh Dhahabee in ‘Siyar A’laamin Nubalaa 10/98)
Upon the authority of Imaamush Shaafi’ee also who said:” The sign of a (true), friend is that he is a friend to the friend of his friend
(Collected by Imaamudh Dhahabi in ‘Siyar A’laamin Nubalaa 10/99)
Upon the authority of Bashaar Ibn Moosaa Al Ijlee who said: “Tomorrow is a blessed appointment! Ibn Ma’een and I have a meeting!”
(Collected by Imaamudh Dhahabi in ‘Sityar A’laamin Nubalaa 10/582)
Yunus Ibn Abdil A’laa said: “I heard As Shaafi’ee say: Oh Yunus! Total refrainment from the people brings about their animosity, while freely mingling with them attracts evil companions, so be between total refrainment and free mingling
(Collected by Imaamudh Dhahabi in ‘Siyar A’laamin Nubalaa 10/89)
Yunus As Sadfi said: Imaamush Shaafi’ee said to me: “You have no means of safety from people (and in a version ‘pleasing all of the people is a goal you will not achieve) , so find those who are most beneficial to you and cling to them
(Collected by Imaamudh Dhahabi in ‘Siyar A’laamin Nubalaa 10/42)
Al Ma’moon said: “People are of three types:
1 – One that is like food, and are a necessity
2 – One that is like Medicine, one needs them during times of illness
3 – One that is like an illness, despicable in every circumstance”
(Collected By Imaamudh Dhahabi in ‘Siyar A’laamin Nubalaa 10/283)
Wallahu A’lam
Wa Sallallahu ‘alaa Nabiyinaa Muhammad

Your Reminder Fatima who love you all for the sake of Allah Red rose

No comments:

Post a Comment